Falling Man | Analysis
In this study guide we help you with the novel Falling Man by Don DeLillo (2007).
In the guide we give you a thorough summary of the novel and its chapters, an exhaustive characterization og the most important persons, and a good overview of the themes that are significant in the novel. We will also show you what makes Falling Man a good example of a typical postmodern novel.
I this study guide we take on these themes in the novel:
- Structure: How is the novel's complex structure to be understood?
- Terrorism: How does the theme of terrorism play out in the novel?
- Media: What role do the media play in Falling Man?
- Forgetting and remembering: An important theme is that of forgetting and remembering. Some people want to forget the incidents of 9/11, others are trying to remember.
- Mortality: The novel is imbued with the theme of mortality
Below, you can read an excerpt from our study guide: